Doom 3: altre immagini

Aperto da Glide, 11 Settembre 2002, 22:32:56

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Superbox

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

L'ultima serie di screenshot sembra quasi sia stata presa dal filmato jcarmacktestimonial.mpg e poi "ri-renderizzata".
La prima serie, invece, mi sembra molto un lavoro di Photoshop... taglia-incolla di frammenti di quake3, doom2, ecc...

In particolare:
- nella prima jpg, il missile e la scia di fumo che lascia mi sembrano troppo "artificiali"; le texture della passerella sono scandalose; la passerella stessa è sottile come un cracker e poggia su un pilastro che non si capisce se è 3d o 2d; la posa dell'uomo a sx è troppo statica, quella del mostro a dx non ne parliamo; lo sfondo è un bel "blur" preso dagli effetti di photoshop; e ultima cosa... che ci fa quel "2000" in alto a sx sulla prima immagine????!!!
- la seconda ha una qualità grafica di 7 anni fa; il blur è abusato; i dettagli non esistono; il mostro mi viene il dubbio che non sia nemmeno poligonale...
- la terza finalmente è qualitativamente migliore, ma quella croce ribaltata in basso a sx e la definizione eccessiva dei valori numerici in basso mi fanno pensare che sia anche qui opera di qualche "sborone" (LO FACCIO IOOOOO DOOM3!!! :D
- infine, la doppietta ha dimensioni diverse in ciascuna delle tre foto.

Insomma... non è che questi screenshot arrivano dalla Talon Graphics? :D
Secondo me l'unica cosa affidabile è il video della id software linkato qui da davide...

Voi che ne dite?
In filosofia, in religione, in etica e in politica, due e due avrebbero potuto fare cinque. Ma fino a che ci si manteneva nell'ambito di disegnare un aeroplano o un fucile, dovevano fare quattro.
- G. Orwell

re-voodoo

Non del tutto buttato fuori, infatti anche nelle prime 3 screenshoot se uno ci fa caso per vedere quanta energia a il giocatore la vediamo in tre modi diversi (persona, casco e infine testa)
Booooooooooooooooooo!

Per me sono tre giochi completamente diversi.
re-voodoo

thedarkenemy

dico anche io la mia allora: e le munizioni del fucile: centro,sinistra e destra.

x le altre cinque:
ma quale scheda video riesce a rendere quella grafica?
soprattutto 1^ e 3^ immagine.....!!! Ditemelo xchè vorrei averla!!

sembra talco ma non lo è serve a dari l'allegra...
se lo mangi o lo respiri ti da subito l'allegria...
COROCOROPOLLON!!!!

Glide

:eek: :h ;)

Fonte: "davide.screenshots" ;)

Ciao ciao

thedarkenemy

Ma per riuscire a giocarci senza inghippi una 9500 può andar bene, xchè mi viene voglia di comprarla!!

sembra talco ma non lo è serve a dari l'allegra...
se lo mangi o lo respiri ti da subito l'allegria...
COROCOROPOLLON!!!!

re-voodoo

Gli unltimi screen sono molto meglio dei primi tre.
re-voodoo

Neo

Most people would travel to hell and back to see Doom III code.

Dave Woods went to Dublin 02 Before I wrested control of my life away from my parents I was regularly subjected to acts of barbarity. "If you don't finish your greens, you won't get any ice cream," was the sort of abuse that was dished out on a daily basis - and they wonder why teens end up hating the world. Ever since I moved out into my luxury bedsit I vowed that I'd stand up for myself and never let people take the piss again - something I managed pretty successfully until a recent Activision press event.
Called over to Dublin on the promise of free food and wine, I arrived at an extremely posh hotel to be faced with an itinerary that read like a convention for console fetishists. Right down at the bottom at 6pm, sandwiched between dinner and some Xbox muck, was the titbit I was after: a new Doom III presentation and the chance to interview top bods Tim Willits (designer on Doom III), and Todd Hollenshead (CEO), from id Software.

Looking back it was a pretty canny tactic because if I'd seen Doom III first I wouldn't have been interested in anything else. It looks that good. You know it looks that good because we started banging on about it after E3 and you've seen the screenshots. But in the two months between E3 and Activate 2002, I'd forgotten just how good. When Tim Willits fired up the demo and transported us back into the bowels of hell, I was as gobsmacked as I was the first time around. You might not have seen the video yet, and you might not believe that the game's going to look as good as these screenshots - but it does. It's time to believe the hype - Doom III is the next big thing.

IT'S A KINDA MAGIC
And this time around we weren't just watching a static presentation. Sick of people (mainly the sort that populate chat forums on the Internet when they should be drinking in the real world) saying the game isn't going to look or play like the video, Tim and Todd have come armed with code this time around and they're ready to unleash it. Well almost.

"The most important thing to mention at this point is that everything you see from this moment on, as of right now, is all being rendered in real time in the engine on that cream-coloured box right over there." And after a quick prodding Todd lets slip the fact that the cream-coloured box contains a GeForce 4. A card that's going to be available for very little money when the game finally ships in 2003. And that's if you want to play the game with full detail. Apparently the game will play with most detail turned off on a first-generation GeForce card.

With that, Tim Willits double-clicks on the Doom III icon and fires the action up. Moving around the dark, dank corridors he drops a couple of demons in to show off the ultra-realistic character animations. "In most games, characters are just like boxes," says Tim, "but not in Doom III."

Shooting a folically challenged and overweight bit of undead hellspawn, he shows how it reacts as your body would if you'd just been shot between the legs with a shotgun. I'm not talking OTT Soldier Of Fortune-style dismemberments, but more subtle movements in the body and physical feedback that looks and feels real. You know how bodies in shooters act like they've been poked by David Copperfield? Like when you shoot someone at the top of a flight of stairs and they just float horizontally, held up by their toes, waiting for Debbie McGee to come and point at them in a dramatic fashion? Don't expect to see that in Doom III. In Doom III the body will crumple, slide off the stairs, pick up momentum and crash to the bottom where a limb might fold up behind the back. Or it might get wedged halfway down. Think realism.

THE REAL THING
And this realism extends to objects in the world as well, which is a first for id. In previous games, they didn't bother with making the environments interactive. You wouldn't want to push a barrel around in Quake III for example, because you'd just get yourself shot. With Doom III however, it's a different story: it's slower, it's single-player and it's going to involve thinking laterally to get yourself through certain situations.

Most of what we've seen of the game so far is set in dark claustrophobic corridors deep in the bowels of Mars, and Todd Hollenshead points out that that's exactly where they want it to stay. "As far as rolling hills and landscapes, that's not what Doom III is about. It's more an intense atmospheric experience." And, where Doom and Doom II impressed you with the sheer number of creatures on screen at any one time, the new philosophy is very different.

"We're not going to try to overwhelm you with lots of stupid monsters," says Todd. "We're not going for 1,000 imps coming at you at once. They're going to be smarter and scary in their own right, as opposed to scary just because there's loads of them."

The less is more approach applies to the new engine as well. In the past, engines were judged on the number of polygons they could throw around - the more polys, the more detail, and the better the end result - something which led to European journalists asking the same question: "Und, how many polys are in zis scene?"

ci vuole un traduttore
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D