direct3d

Aperto da cedrick86, 28 Luglio 2011, 19:10:28

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

cedrick86

Hi, I have a small question..

If a have a Nvidia Mx440 video card in my PC and Voodoo 2 SLI (Windows 98), Direct 3d run with Nvidia or 3dfx??

Max_R

Citazione di: cedrick86;176014Hi, I have a small question..

If a have a Nvidia Mx440 video card in my PC and Voodoo 2 SLI (Windows 98), Direct 3d run with Nvidia or 3dfx??
In most cases, games have a setup executable, where you can set up your video cards :)
"Dall'altra parte dello schermo sembrava tutto cosa facile..."

cedrick86

ok! but in most old games the choice is Software Only, Direct3d and 3dfx. If I choose Direct3d what is the default video card ?

goriath

Citazione di: cedrick86;176020ok! but in most old games the choice is Software Only, Direct3d and 3dfx. If I choose Direct3d what is the default video card ?

It depends by games which we are speaking of; if a game is D3D and/or OpenGL capable only, 3dfx will stands for D3D/OpenGL accelerated by 3dfx's cards installed in the system. D3D then will use generic drivers through the second graphic adapter instead.

If a game has Glide support, 3dfx will be the choice to run that game through Glide API, while D3D once again will run that game through D3D API probably with a second graphic adapter.

BTW, this assuming that we are speaking of 3dfx's accelerators like Voodoo2 were installed in the system.

To understand if a game is running through Glide or not, imply to know what dlls are involved.
OLD SCHOOL: Because it was done right the first time
/!\\ PM box piena: per contattarmi inviatemi una mail

cedrick86

thank you!

And direct3d games with SLI Voodoo 2 run only with one card ?

goriath

Whatever would be the API that games use, if the pair of V2 cards installed in the system are linked together to work in SLI mode, the game will be accelerated by both cards.
OLD SCHOOL: Because it was done right the first time
/!\\ PM box piena: per contattarmi inviatemi una mail