Voodoo 2 SLI memory panel

Aperto da cedrick86, 06 Settembre 2011, 14:54:00

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

cedrick86

Hi! in my Voodoo 2 mismatched setup, I have checked the memory and only show 4mb texture and total of 8mb... but my two card run very good. bug with de driver?? I have try with other brand card and the same think show.

FastVoodoo 4.6 for Windows 98 SE
AMD Athlon 1.2ghz
Asus A7V-E

goriath

Could you post a screenshot of the System Info tab panel?
OLD SCHOOL: Because it was done right the first time
/!\\ PM box piena: per contattarmi inviatemi una mail

cedrick86

Messaggio dalla redazione:
Contenuto non disponibile in quanto rimosso da server esterno o server esterno off line

goriath

Voodoo2 cards have a graphic chipset array made up one Frame Buffer Interface chip and two Texture Mapping Unit chips

FBI is the chip in the middle, while TMUs are those to the sides.

Depending on memory card's configuration, you can have usually 8MB or 12MB

The FBI has (usually) 4MB dedicated RAM, while TMUs 2MB (Voodoo2 8MB) or 4MB (Voodoo2 12MB) each.

As you can see, the Frame Buffer Memory amount is displayed correctly.

Total Texture Memory is refferred to the total amount of TMUs memory only, that is 8MB because each TMU has 4MB.

So you have the 4+(4+4) configuration, that is correct if your Voodoo2 has 12MB.

Everything is working fine to me.

cedrick86

but with SLI configuration the total memory is 16mb ? the panel only display for one card?

Max_R

With a SLI configuration, both the voodoos uses the same quantity of ram, not a sum. The difference is that the 3D scene is calculated by both the accelerators.

goriath

Citazione di: cedrick86;176422but with SLI configuration the total memory is 16mb ? the panel only display for one card?

Max_R is right.

BTW, your observation is not wrong.

Some system infos's panels show the total memory amount of the two cards; it depends by the driver version, I guess.

Some examples:

I need to inquire further on this behaviour.

Glide

Hi All, dear friends!

About this following question:

Citazione di: cedrick86;176422but with SLI configuration the total memory is 16mb ? the panel only display for one card?

Kind cedrick86, just your're seeing wrong data because that graphical user interface has an error due to a driver's library. But don't worry: this one is a visual issue only, and your SLI setup's working fine.

Bye bye

goriath

Citazione di: Glide;176508Kind cedrick86, just your're seeing wrong data because that graphical user interface has an error due to a driver's library. But don't worry: this one is a visual issue only, and your SLI setup's working fine.

Cool info is that.

This issue affects every driver version, or just some?

Glide

All FV2 Series...but I repeat...this's a visual issue only! :)

Bye bye