Hercules 4800 MAX Power!

Aperto da mikepedo, 19 Febbraio 2007, 19:38:50

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Max_R

Riprendendo il thread
CitazioneQ, Can you give us more details on the "Enhanced T&L" in the 4800? Is this hardware or software and, if its software, is it faster than the 4500?
3D Prophet 4800 enhanced T&L is a software process enhanced by the Kyro hardware. The Kyro hardware sorts the surfaces & 3D objects of the angle of vision, eliminating invisible triangles prior to applying the transform and lighting, and these sorted 3D objects are animated & lighted in software T&L. The benefit compared to the 4500 traditional software T&L goes up to 15% additional fps in games limited by the geometry. Games limited by the fill rate, as Quake III, will be boosted with 3D Prophet 4800 by its faster clock compared to the 4500.
Seppure si tratti sempre di un processo software, come ricordavo, ci sono differenze.
Bisogna approfondire.
http://www.beyond3d.com/content/interviews/31/
"Dall'altra parte dello schermo sembrava tutto cosa facile..."

PhilAnselmo@Superjoint

Ecco perchè attivando l'EnT&L su schede Kyro I e II   non si nota nessuna differenza, artefatti in alcuni giochi e calano le prestazioni; è mal implementato!

CitazioneA: When you read the press release (which I wrote), you see a clear statement that it is a software T+L engine:

'...EnT&L driver technology, which unites the advanced features of Kyro II SE with transform and lighting to provide superior performance to cost comparable solutions. enT&L is optimized for Kyro II SE AGP 4X SBA operation and Implicit Guard Band Clipping.'
However if you play a game or use a benchmark, the application will see the card as an hardware T+L capable card.

Q: So, as this T+L engine is a driver solution, will it work on the Kyro I and II?

A: No it will not work on the older Kyro I or II cards, only on the II SE.

Qui David Harold afferma che questa funzione può essere usata solo sul Kyro II SE, ma con le ultime revisioni dei driver, se non erro i 2.2 beta per XP, è facilmente attivabile dalle opzioni del pannello di controllo della scheda video.

Bisognerebbe approfondire dici, ti quoto e mi piacerebbe fare qualche analisi con e senza EnT&L con alcuni giochi ;)
PC1:E5200@3.6 - P5Q-SE - 2x2pc6400 - RadeonHD4850 - Seagate500gbSata2
PC2: AthlonXP2000+ - MSI KT3Ultra - 2X512HyperX - 3DFX Voodoo5 5500 - Maxtor60GB