What is this Voodoo5 ?

Aperto da sloomy, 13 Ottobre 2003, 12:56:40

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

sloomy

Hi

I know there is also an english forum, but i was not able to register in that forum so i can only post my questions here.

Has anyone an idea that this VOodoo5 shown in the pictures on AGP 4X works ?( imean with lower voltage , not with 3,3 V) ?

Thanks

COSWORTH6K

Hi
this is a rare 3dfx 5500 agp 4x i think it works on 4x!!!!!

-----------------------
Moderatore 3DFX ZoNe
Powered by Voodoo 6000

sloomy

CitazioneHi

thanks for fast answer

How can i be sure ? I hva heard you have the 3dfxzone.it have good connections with old 3dfx engineers, so is there any possibility # that you can ask them, this question ?

Because i don't want to harm the card and my system, but i m sure it works as AGP 2x.

regerds
sloomy

ToxicWaltz

nope, i think it can't...

Celly 900@1200 256mb Voodoo3 3500TV@203MHz e timings al minimo ;)
bios Voodoo4 4500 1.16
Presto anche una Voodoo5 5500!!

COSWORTH6K

Citazione
CitazioneHi

thanks for fast answer

How can i be sure ? I hva heard you have the 3dfxzone.it have good connections with old 3dfx engineers, so is there any possibility # that you can ask them, this question ?

Because i don't want to harm the card and my system, but i m sure it works as AGP 2x.

regerds
sloomy

i have ask for the question.......wait for the news :h

-----------------------
Moderatore 3DFX ZoNe
Powered by Voodoo 6000

Glide

- sloomy:

Some suggestions:

1)Post this message on english board - https://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/ - too.

2)Insert the card in a 2X and 4X AGP compatible system, like any VIA KT266 or the most part of VIA KT333 based motherboards, then run ZT_AGP_Tool for know current AGP mode.

You can download ZT_AGP_Tool from this  page one: https://www.hwsetup.it/software/video.htm and know motherboard AGP support by its manual (in paper or on line).

Good luck and let we know.

Ciao ciao

sloomy

Can this operation damage the system ? By an AGP 2x and 4x system like the motherboards you have written, the voodoo selects automaticly the agp mod , so this is the way we can find out,that it's working or not ? Isn't it ?

have you also got an example of the same card ?

Thanks for your support and helps !

3dfx will live forever ! :D

regards

PS : I cant post in english forum there is always an error, my nickname and passwords are always incorrect !!

Glide

CitazioneCan this operation damage the system ?

No, because these mb support both AGP 2X and AGP 4X.

CitazioneBy an AGP 2x and 4x system like the motherboards you have written, the voodoo selects automaticly the agp mod , so this is the way we can find out,that it's working or not ? Isn't it ?

Yes: if you set up AGP 4X in system bios...your card will run at 4X if it's 4X or 2X if it's a 2X...you know it with ZT_AGP_Tool.

Citazionehave you also got an example of the same card ?  

Not in my hands...

I have just now deleted your account on english board so you have to repeat registration procedure and load your password in a sure, backup memory.

Ciao ciao

sloomy

Ok i dont have this motherboard but if i find one of these motherboards, i will try it..

Has anyone from the 3dfxzone.it the same or similar( there is also a version with LCD out but this is pure enginneering sample) of the card ?

Do the rampage of the amigamerlin run on agp 4X ? It seems also to be an AGP 4X card.

I will also try by english forum now.

Thanks

sloomy

Scritto Da - sloomy on 14 Ottobre 2003  21:28:44